Friday, May 13, 2005

 

Changes: Life is full of 'em


Technically, this post really has nothing to do with motorcycles, but it will help to explain why I have been posting infrequently over the last few weeks. It will also offer some insight as to the potential future of the Superbike Blog.

Lately, I've been feeling the strong need to make some professional changes in my life, and am currently weighing a few potential career options. In short, I'm trying to decide whether or not to go back into journalism full time, or if I want to go into business for myself as a freelance writer and illustrator/designer.

It's a tough, scary process, but I've taken the first few steps. With my wife's blessing, I have given notice of resignation to my current employer and will be buttoning up loose ends there until the end of the month. After that, I plan to take a week of vacation (which will probably last about two days before I start freaking out), then get my next plan into action -- whatever it turns out to be.

The main point of explaining all this personal stuff to the readers of the Superbike Blog is that, should I return to full-time journalism, this weblog will likely need to be discontinued and removed from the Internet. As a media person, it might not be appropriate to have such strong political opinions -- motorcycle-related or otherwise -- published on a personal blog.

At any rate, I'll keep everyone posted as to my decisions. I know that several commercial websites whose products I have reviewed on the Superbike Blog, link to those articles as an advertizing tool. If the weblog should unfortunately be dismantled, I'll try to work out a way to keep those articles available, if at all possible.

Regardless of the outcome, I offer heartfelt thanks to everyone who reads and supports the Superbike Blog.



<< Home